MASTER COURSE IN PARAMETRIC DESIGN - 400H
SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER 2016 | VI EDITION
An unique study program in the world that introduces you to parametric design and digital manufacturing in the fields of Product Design, Architecture, Landscape, Digital Fabrication... through the creation of physical and digital parametric models using as main tools Grasshopper for Rhino and our CNC (Computer Numerical Control) milling machine.
Grasshopper is a free graphical algorithm editor tightly integrated with Rhino’s 3-D modeling tools. Unlike RhinoScript, Grasshopper requires no knowledge of programming or scripting, but still allows designers to build form generators from the simple to the awe-inspiring. It is used at most famous architecture offices like Zaha Hadid or Norman Foster, as engineering teams as the one of Sagrada Familia (Barcelona), one of the most technological advanced buildings in the world. We will have the best available tutors and instructors for every unit, all of them with university teaching experience.
Who is it for?
Aimed to professionals and students from the world of architecture, industrial design... interested in learning and use of parametric working tools
The course is divided into 5 groups with several units. The aim of every unit is that students can learn new parametric tools based on Grasshopper.
- • GROUP I - NURBS modelling (Rhino, Grasshopper)
- • GROUP II - Digital Fabrication (visits to parametric outstandings and buildings)
- • GROUP III - Meshes modelling (Grasshopper for organic design, structural analysis, thermal calculation and form-finding)
- • GROUP IV - Interoperability (Grasshopper and its connection with arduino, sensors, data from internet, Python)
- • GROUP V - Thesis (individual work on the main interests of the student based on the previous units + V-Ray for rendering)
INSTRUCTORS, LECTURERS AND VISITS OF V EDITION 2016
- • Sergio Alonso del Campo, Diego García Cuevas and Victor Armas Crespo – controlmad (Spain)
- • Arturo Tedeschi. Form-finding expert. ArturoTedeschi Office (Italy)
- • Moritz Heimrath. Structural analisys expert Karamba Developer. (Germany)
- • Andrés González. Mc Neel Miami. RhinoFabStudio world-wide director (USA)
- • David Serrano Lozano. Interoperability expert [Random] office (Spain)
- • McNeel Europe staff. Rhino Developers. Barcelona (Spain)
- • Visit to Fundición Capa with Julia Capa (Spain)
- • Visit to an outstanding Parametric / Rhino projects: Arganzuela footbrigde, by Perrault Architects
- • Trip to an European city with Parametric buildings. In our last edition, our students went to Seville to visit Metropol Parasol, Seville
INSTRUCTORS AND LECTURERS AT PREVIOUS EDITIONS
- • Daniel Nielsen. Environmental computational designer (Denmark).
- • Francesc Salla. Responsible for the development of Visual-Arq, AsuniCAD
- • Thomas Grabner/Ursula Frick [UTO] Geco, Mesh Edit Developers. (Austria)
- • Pep Tonabell, Enrique Soriano. CODA-Office. Barcelona Tech
- • Luis Fraguada. gHowl Developer
- • Marta Verde. Processing and video mapping developer.
- • Clemens Preisinger. Structural analisys expert Karamba Developer. (Germany)
- • Pepe Ballesteros. Chairman of Pasajes Magazine
- • Andrés de Mesa – Sagrada Familia engineers (Spain)
Location > controlmad - Madrid, Spain (View on Google Maps)
Instruction Language > English
Dates > September 5 - December 2 2016
Maximum number of students : 12
Minimum number of students : 7
Lectures are taken in the morning from Monday to Thursday. Afternoon time is devoted to personal student’s work based on what instructors have taught during the morning.
- Lectures and tutor support (classroom) | 9,30 am – 3 pm (30 minutes break)
- Personal student's work (on-site or at home) | 3,30 pm – 6,30 pm
Enrollment fee - 4250 eur
Early bird special price 3900 eur until May 31st, 2016
Are you interested?
Please download and read this registration file for further information
> Bank transfer to bank account shown on the registration file
> Credit Card
> PayPal (*)
(*) 50€ Paypal additional management fees are charged, not included in the enrollment fee.
Do you need a visa?
It should not be a problem as the length of the course is less than 3 months. However, for Non-EU citizens we do strongly recommend to contact the Spanish Embassy and start as soon as possible the paperwork. It may take time depending on each country.
We had students from Argentina, Canada, United States, Australia, Tunisia, Russia, Chile, France, Brazil, Latvia, Portugal, Venezuela, Panama, Mexico, Peru, Phillipines, China, Kuwait, Iran, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, India, Singapur, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Spain.